Dog Training Treats
Training is a way to bond with your dog and the perfect time to show them how much fun doglife really is — especially when you train with Milk-Bone® treats.
Tips and tricks to help you get the most out of every training session with your dog.
1. Find a place where your dog can be comfortable for training and treating.
2. Practice and reward the same actions frequently in a short period of time.
3. When treating multiple times in quick succession, ensure treats are tiny enough for your dog to eat quickly, so they don’t become too full too fast.
4. Treats should be part of a healthy diet and should not exceed 10% of a dog’s daily caloric intake. Always monitor your pet while treating.
Best Treats for Efficient Training
Learn More About Efficient Training
Training Away from Home
How to keep up your dog’s training routine — even while you’re on the road.
1. Start small. Before traveling, take your dog to a friend’s home to practice being away.
2. Be patient. Practice in short sessions, then gradually increase the time.
3. Stay in control, be consistent and calm. Show your dog you’ve got this.
4. Use soft & chewy treats, which are easy to break into smaller pieces to encourage positive training behavior at home and away.
Best Treats for Training Away from Home
Learn More About Training Away from Home
Treats for Mental Stimulation and Enrichment
Some situations call for longer lasting treats that challenge your dog and keep them occupied.
1. Find a quiet place with minimal distractions where your dog can concentrate.
2. Long-lasting treats help your dog focus while you’re busy or if you just want to sit and quietly watch TV together. Just be sure to always monitor your pet while treating.
3. In strange or unfamiliar situations — like crate training — long-lasting treats can be used to help comfort your dog over the age of 1.
4. Long-lasting treats can often act as a puzzle to help stimulate and enrich your dog’s brain.
How to Bring the Fun of Training to Doglife
Every Milk-Bone® helps train Canine Assistants
Every time you give your dog a Milk-Bone® snack, you’re sharing more than just a tasty dog treat—you’re also sharing a little love. Learn how we’re helping raise, place and care for dogs who touch millions of lives.