Puppy Treats and New Puppy Tips
Bringing home a new puppy? Here are some handy tips and tricks to help get doglife off on the right paw.
Getting Ready for A New Puppy
Puppies are curious and often teething, so use these tips to create a safe early doglife.
1. Put breakable items, plants, cords, medicines and cleaners up high or make sure they’re securely fastened.
2. Use a baby gate to limit your puppy to only safe spaces.
3. Make sure you have all the essentials like a leash, collar, carrier and plenty of chew toys.
4. Your new puppy has specific nutritional needs, so be sure to pick treats suitable for puppies.
As your puppy grows, be sure to check these tasks off your list for a safe and healthy puppy to doglife transition.
1. By the age of two months, your puppy should be tagged, microchipped and have their first vaccines.
2. At three months, potty training should begin. Crate train when you’re not at home and when you are, be sure to take your puppy out for frequent walks.
3. Four months is a great time to start teaching your pup basic manners and training commands like sit, stay, leave-it and down.
4. Be sure to reward any training sessions with Milk-Bone® treats suitable for puppies
Puppy Training Tips
Tips to help navigate puppy training so they’ll become a happy, healthy family member.
1. Get your puppy out, about and used to socializing with other people and pets.
2. Put your puppy on a regular schedule. Feed them at the same time each day and take them out to potty after they drink, eat, or wake up from a nap.
3. Puppies love to chew, so be sure they have lots of chew toys to help with teething.
4. Be sure to reward your puppy’s good behavior with Milk-Bone® treats suitable for puppies.
Every Milk-Bone® helps train Canine Assistants
Every time you give your dog a Milk-Bone® snack, you’re sharing more than just a tasty dog treat—you’re also sharing a little love. Learn how we’re helping raise, place and care for dogs who touch millions of lives.